Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I was going to deliver a still born.

I was going to deliver a still born.  Let me tell you about the third trimester really quickly.  Every pregnancy book tells you that you have to sign up for a birthing class so that is what we did we followed the pregnancy books advice.  So we signed up we went to every class they taught us how the baby comes pretty much the stuff you learn in High School.  We just learned more of the steps of Labor.  Oh yeah and they teach you how to breathe while your in labor.  No matter what the baby is going to come I really didn’t need to learn the steps of labor that is more for people who are wanting to know everything medically.  Well back on to the story.

Before they had told me I knew something wasn’t right so I asked my husband for a priesthood blessing.  My husband gave me a priesthood blessing and after they came back into the room I was told I was going to deliver a still born.  They told me I had three choices 1. Just wait until my doctor came back from out of town (side note: He told me I couldn’t have the baby over the weekend because he had to go to a medical conference good timing??) and they would give me a drug to stop the contractions and the laboring.  2.  I could be induced so that the labor would start faster.  And the last choice number 3.  I could get a C-section.  I thought about having a C-section because than I could maybe just maybe save my babies life.  My husband while they were explaining my choices was unaware of what was going on.  I was alone.  My husband was unaware because he received a phone call from my sister who heard that I was in labor and at the hospital and wanted to be there for me. My husband had to ask what was happening and why these choices were being told to me.  I got to watch as I was alone watch my husbands face break at the sound of the Dr. explaining to him that we had lost our little girl.  It was one of the hardest moments in my life.  I will never forget the look on my husbands face change so dramatically.  So after he had heard the choices and the news.  My parents came into the room.  I reached out for my mommy and told her the news SHES DEAD.  As my mom was holding me and trying to comfort me.  My mom made the decision for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment