Sunday, January 16, 2011

After she was born

“ I have never asked why but rather what is that He wants me to learn from this experience.  I believe that it is a good way to face the unpleasant things in our lives, Not complaining but thanking the Lord for the trust He places in us when He gives us the opportunity to overcome difficulties.”
-Richard G. Scott

After she was born I got to bath my daughter after we held her and loved her.  My parents and my husbands mom was there.  They got to hold her and love on her.  My parents took the pictures of her before she got her bath.  We got to see her little spirit shine through her body.  My daughter was so special you could feel how strong and amazing she was.  We had a photographer come and take the moldings of the hands and feet of our daughter and take pictures of her.  After I bathed her.  I was a mommy that didn’t know what outfit she wanted to bring her baby home in.  So in the hospital bag she had one outfit, gowns, and onsies.  I was a happy mommy when I remembered how many outfits I had for my little girl.  My little girls first outfit was a little yellow dress that had rainbows all over the dress.  My best friend J had given me that outfit for my daughter.  I think she knew that it was meant to be my daughters.  This little yellow dress was made for her.  My little daughter glowed in the outfit and that is the outfit that she met all of her family in.   My friends got to come and meet her and hold her.  My best friend J came and took pictures of my little girl.  It was a day to never forget.  So whenever I see a rainbow I know that it is a reminder of the love of my daughter.


"Joseph Smith taught the doctrine that the infant child that was laid away in death would come up in the resurrection as a child; and, pointing to the mother of a lifeless child, he said to her, ‘You will have the joy, the pleasure and satisfaction of nurturing this child, after it’s resurrection, until it reaches the full stature of its spirit….”
-Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, 177

No comments:

Post a Comment