Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SISTERS

   Today is the first day I kick off the month of my gratitude post each day.  Here comes the first post of gratitude.  I have 30 more to go I'm so excited to start it off.

    One of the many things that I'm grateful for is my family.  Today I'm especially grateful for my older sister.  I love her so much.  We got to experience being pregnant together and I never thought that would happen.  I'm the baby of the family and I have been an Aunt since I was 10.  I always thought that my babies would be the youngest ones of the grandchildren and wouldn't have the cousins the same age.  I loved being pregnant with my sister she was the one I turned to when I had the weird pregnant questions that I didn't really want to ask my mom about even though my mom could of answered them for me.  My sister found out first that she was having a girl and she was bound and determined that I was pregnant with a boy.  I would tell her it's a girl.  My first ultrasound they gave us an 85% chance it was a girl.  I called my sister and told my sister that I was having a girl.  We went back to the mall to get another ultrasound done of the baby to make sure it was a girl and didn't change to a boy.  I also wanted one more ultrasound to check because me being the baby of the family I would get teased by my brothers that it was a boy.  I went to my parents house to show my brothers and my mom that it was girl 100% no changing it.  We are a family that teases so my mom said call L and tell her it is a boy she just went and bought all the girl baby shower decorations.  I got on the phone to call my sister when she answered I told her I had some news that my baby girl wasn't really a baby girl that we were going to be having a boy.  I couldn't keep it quiet for long listening to her talk and I said just kidding it is a girl.  We were going to have girls to grow up with each other 2 months apart.  We were both excited.  I remember my sister going through the pain of loosing my little girl along with me.  She would call me daily or text and still does she would tell me my little girl is just smiling and giggling when she was only 2 months old.  L would tell me that my daughter was there visiting my niece.  I remember her saying that it was unfair that her little girl lost her best friend and her cousin and that it was totally unfair.  My daughter and my niece looked like twins we have pictures of them that if you put them in black and white you couldn't tell which one it was.  We mourned together I got to go spend the weekend with her and her daughters while I was on FMLA and my hubby went back to work.  We stayed in her big bed talking until 1 in the morning.  I will never forget that she was my big sister that I had missed so much because we had not done that since she lived at home and I was just a little girl when she got married.  I love my sister so much and I'm so grateful to be her little sister and her hero.  I'm so grateful for the love my sister has shown us these last couple of months inviting us over for Sunday dinners and just being able to go over and hang out with her beautiful family.  I love my sister so much and I can't wait until we are mums age and we get lost going on adventures together.

So even though that I'm not an lonely only child...  I'm glad I have my big sister.

Today quotes are going to be for my sister...


A sister is one who reaches for your hand and touches your heart. 
 
A sister is a gift from God, sent from above to make life worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this was such a great kick of to your gratitude month! I cannot wait to keep reading your daily post!

    ReplyDelete