Saturday, March 5, 2011

1 + 1= 2 things to be grateful for

    Friday:

         MARRIAGE.

   I'm grateful for marriage and all the things that come with it the good days and those stinkin' bad days that nobody likes.  I'm grateful for having someone else there to lean on and also know that you couldn't live without them.  I made a joke while hubby was on a mission I have gone almost two years without him I know that I can still survive without him always being there.  But in all honesty I loved getting the mail everyday hoping there would be a letter from him.  I may have not had him by my side for the those two years but I had ways of communicating with him through letters.  Ask me today if I could go another two years without my hubs and I would tell you those were the longest two years of my life and I couldn't see doing any normal living without him being there.  We have been married for almost three years but it feels like an eternity it feels like we have been with each other forever and an eternity just sounds wonderful to be with him.  On Friday we do our Saturday chores so that on the weekend we can go and do things together.  I loved working as a team to clean the apartment and getting it looking nice.  Even though we weren't cleaning the right by each other we had the trust that when it was all said and done we cleaned the apartment to look nice.  I love my hubby and he is my rock so here it is to marriage.  I'm so grateful for MARRIAGE!!!


“I give counsel to husbands and wives. Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion. Pray for the love that makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small. Pray for the love to make your companion’s joy your own. Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion.”
-Henry B. Eyring
     Saturday:

Watching Prayers Be Answered

   I would like to say this is a prayer of mine being answered well it kind of it is but this prayer has been for a friend and her hubby.  My friend was over at our apartment one night when she got the call from her hubby that he had lost his job.  I gave them the website of where I work so that they could apply.  I thought that they would hire them because they have had experience.  Wrong.  I was a little upset at my work because they hire everyone and my friend and her husband were not hired it had confused me.  Well I have been praying for them that they may find a job.  Luckily they live with family in a basement apartment so that is one blessing they have.  Well earlier this week her hubby got a job and today she updated the world of Facebook to tell us that she had gotten a job.  I'm so happy for them and I'm so glad that I got to see a prayer answered for my friend and her hubby.  I know that the Lord is always watching over us and will always be there for us but it is always nice to see that prayers are being answered.  I'm grateful for watching and having prayers answered.
 
         "God does notice us, and He watches over us. 
         But it is usually through another person
        that He meets our needs." 
    -Spencer W. Kimball

That is one of my favorite quotes I put it everywhere just as a small little reminder that we are never really ever alone even when we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment