Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Emotions

"There are moments in life, when the heart is so full of emotion.
That if by chance it be shaken, or into its depths
like a pebble drops some careless word,
it overflows, and its secret,
split on the ground like water,
can never be gathered together"
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

   That sounds like the silliest thing to grateful for emotions.  Why did I choose emotions because when it was time for me look back on my day and see all the things I was grateful for and really look into my day for the things I never think about.  Emotions came to mind.  Are emotions are the things that make us human and I'm so grateful for that so here is a little recap of all the emotions I went through or saw happen today. 
   What a thing to be grateful for EMOTIONS!!!  I went through a lot of them today... like not wanting to get out of bed and just be lazy... to go and standing in a line for 5 hours outside in the cold... during that time I got to see so many emotions expressed on peoples faces... to anticipation to pure boredom to being embarrassed...  I also so got to see a lot of anger and I myself felt anger nothing beats seeing a bunch of BYU students yelling at refs... which turns into laughter.  I got to feel as my body changed from anger to calm to worried.  I was worried about my friend who texted me telling me she was in the hospital and she would like me to come see her.  I worried on the way when I got there I saw emotions of being scared and not knowing what is happening to her.  I got to see my emotion of comforting and happiness come out as I watched the smile happen on her face when she saw that I walked in.  Laughter and silliness I got to see as we were walking out of the hospital.  I'm also feeling right now relaxed and loved with my husband needing my skills as a photographer for his homework.

 So today I'm grateful for the emotions of life and getting to feel them.

No comments:

Post a Comment