Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This is a story that amazes me


    This woman who is the same age amazes me.  I started reading about her and following her a couple of months ago.  Her story is a very sad story but her strength amazes me.  I started reading her blog thinking this person amazes me.  I see my color guard instructors post on Facebook about this blog because this girl was one of her many color guard girls and how the high school I went to is going to be doing a special get together for her family and friends.  I was in shock I knew she looked familiar so I commented on my instructors post and told her that I had been following this blog.  I got the comment you know her she was the girl who started with you and had to quit guard because that is when they found her first tumor.  I have a bad bad memory.  I started to think about it and yes I do remember her she was fun to be around.


All I can say is I hope you go read her blog and see how her strength is amazing.  I would have to say she is one of my many hero's. 

"There are those among you who, although young,
have already suffered a full measure of grief and sorrow.
My heart is filled with compassion and love for you.
How dear you are to the Church. How beloved you are of your Heavenly Father.
Though it may seem that you are alone, angels attend you.
Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands. He suffered more than we can possibly imagine, and He did it for us;
He did it for you. You are not alone." 
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment