Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm Back

I'm back and with that I have a lot of things to catch you up on...

We moved!  Yay! We are pretty much unpacked for the most part... we may to hang up the clean laundry and put some other little random things away and than we are pretty much done.  I'm happy/sad about our move.  I'm happy because I love how big our new apartment is and I'm sad because I had to leave the apartment behind that I was going to be a mommy in.  I had to leave behind the nursery.  That day was kind of a hard day.  I put it off as much as possible.  I packed everything else I didn't want to take down everything I made for my daughter.  I took an hour or so just to be able to remember everything and put away all the beautiful outfits that she had received from her family and our friends.  I was surprised to see how much things we had for her and how that baby clothes are so tiny that it only took a big bin to put them all in.  But the drawers are still full of baby things.  There are some small things that I couldn't pack up and so I put them in a little basket and are going to be out where I can see them.  I think this move will be kind of better for me to be able to help me carry on my life and not have a daily reminder about the room not being a baby room...
With this move my husband gets a man cave.  He is so excited about that he gets the love seat in the second bedroom along with his little TV that he plays games in.  We compromised with not having extra sitting so that we could go to IKEA and get a bookcase and a desk that attaches to it.  This was a good compromise.  I'm in love having a place to work on all my new projects.  I also love that we have a place to sit and work me on my blog just to think and not have any distractions.  Well maybe one our cat.  I have a companion animal for my emotional disability (depression) there I said it.  Plus our cat is more than welcome to live here.  So here is to a new home and to new memories.

In the hassle of moving Valentines Day came.  My husband and I just did a little gift exchange.  Yes, I believe that this holiday is also a day to show not just the wife how much you love them but how much you love your husband.  I also believe that this is a day to show your family how much you love them.  So I made my husband a little gift basket full of red hots and other little random candies that had to all do with things that were HOT this was the theme of my basket and I found this idea here... The basket was to show that OUR LOVE IS RED HOT.  I loved the idea I went to the dollar store to get all the treats and the basket.  I also got ring pops for my hubby because that is how he proposed to me.  My hubby got me a teddy bear and hoops & yoyo card I love those cards.  We also went out to dinner just to be able sit down and not worry about having to look at our apartment full of mess.  Here is the V-days love quote that I wanted to post but because I got busy I forgot.

"True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of ones companion."  

No comments:

Post a Comment